Thursday, September 16, 2010

A long-awaited arrival

I woke up at 5:30am California time on September 15. Finally, I get to go to bed at 11:oopm on the 16th, Madrid time (or 2pm California time). That would be 33 hours, with only a few cat naps here and there, whenever we were comfortable enough to take them.

But, it's all paid off. Because now, I am sitting pretty in an equally pretty apartment in the historical center of Malaga. At this moment, I couldn't be more thrilled.

The trip over was rather uneventful, unlike my adventure last year. And I am most grateful. Dad was able to squeeze onto the last remaining seats on the planes coming over (even "having" to sit in first class on the trans-atlantic flight - he more than paid for it in helping me lug my bags around though) and we were able to make all connecting trains and buses and people and even linger over tasty berenjenas con miel in Cordoba.

Upon arriving in Malaga (completing the 27 hour travel time) we met with the father of the landlord who showed us to the place I'll call home for the next 9 months. It's new, furnished, and super cozy and I'm so excited to start the year and meet the other two girls I'll share it with.

Tomorrow, there's not much on the plate for things to do other than an andaluz breakfast, grocery shopping, and meandering about town.

But not before a good, long rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment