Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Final Countdown (Music included)

Forget 'preparations'. Judgement day has come. Well, tomorrow it will.

The bags are all but zipped shut, and I'm just praying that they're under the weight limit. I don't care so much for paying the extra (which I've been lucky and have always had the really nice and lenient ticketing agent), but mostly because I'd rather not endure a back injury (or be responsible for anyone else's either).

I'm having to leave more behind than I thought, but nothing that I need right away. I'm also taking a lot more that I anticipated. I originally thought that because I had stuff over there, or because I knew exactly what I needed (and, more importantly, didn't need) there would be many things that I would leave behind this year that I had erroneously taken last year. But then, there's all the extras that now I want this year, to make things just slightly more comfy and cozy. And all that more than makes up for what I have decided to keep in Arizona. I'm also eternally and deathly afraid of the cold (thank you Phoenix, Arizona, for making me a complete wimp below 68 degrees), and I tend to overpack the warmth-layers (hence the 8 different sweaters, 5 light jackets, and 3 heavy jackets I've packed. And no. It's NOT too much.)

But if all else fails, I have the back up duffle that can be whipped out in the flash of the eye and be my second carry on. I definitely plan ahead. To a fault.

Most people keep asking and pressing me about how excited I am and must be. To be honest, it's too difficult for me to be excited. For me, prepping for a trip is an endless routine. I feel like I have been making lists and running errands and building boxes for months now, and I'm ready for it all to be done, and it isn't until I'm there. So, I anticipate, that as soon as I drop off my bags in a place where they'll stay for the next 9 months, I can allow myself the joy of being excited.

So tomorrow. 8:55am. I officially begin the next journey and string of adventures. And I hope that anyone that's able to, can find their way to Malaga, Spain and count on having a warm place to stay and an eager tour guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment