Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Can life just slow down, please!

Since London, a brief summary of the past few weeks:

Chantal visits!  It was so nice to have the opportunity to show Chantal around my side of the globe (this side of the Atlantic).  We went to Marbella one day, indulged in great food and desserts around Malaga, and even got to the mandatory tourist traps.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't great, save for the day she left (we did manage to get some beach time in before her flight), but it was still a wonderful visit.

Vanessa visits!  Despite finishing her third year in Andalucia, Vanessa had yet to visit Malaga (Malaga gets a bad reputation from all the other Andalucians just jealous they don't live in a big city by the sea) so I had yet another opportunity (twice in one week!) to show off the city I've fallen in love with.  I must have done all the right things, because by the end, I think Vanessa liked Malaga a lot too; but who wouldn't after two beautiful days at the beach, grilled sardines while we digged our toes in the sand at a chiringuito, and a late night out jumping from discoteca to discoteca.

Training in vain?  Maybe not, but in the end I decided not to actually do the half marathon.  It was hard decision, but something I had to refrain from.  I had trained a lot, but realized that my knees weren't exactly holding up, and I didn't want to risk and injury days before leaving on a 10-day walking trip of central Europe (not to mention that not being able to walk in Malaga is like not having a car in LA).  I figure, there are other marathons to conquer in my future.

Which brings me to my last large adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment