Monday, November 22, 2010

Nonstop November

It's been a bit crazy this month, to say the least.  More or less, it feels like I haven't stopped moving in days, and haven't had a weekend to myself in a more than a month (that's necessarily a complaint either).  Here's a roundup of the last month.


Halloween costumes and dinner
Halloween weekend my friend from Cordoba came for their first visit to Malaga so it was a full few days of going around the city and fitting in as much as possible while also putting on a fabulous Halloween party.  The party was a huge success with our apartment looking gorgeous (full of candles and our own jack-o-lantern), a scrumptious meal (thanks to my new favorite website, Chow, for the great butternut squash pasta recipe), and fabulous costumes!

family dinner with Vanessa y German
The next weekend I finally got back to Granada to visit Vanessa for the first time this year.  I was a little stressed about the trip, knowing that I would also be gone the following two weekends as well, but was eternally grateful that I did go.  Spending time with Vanessa and being in Granada is always so rewarding and relaxing, and the weekend wasn't any exception.  We made cookies, went to a movie, had a couple "family dinners" (what I've now termed for the reoccurring group meals that have been a staple of the year so far) and slept in after it all.

A few days later my dad arrived in Malaga and I had the fortune of showing him around for a second time in Malaga.  The day after his arrival we flew to Barcelona for a beautiful weekend of exploring a beautiful city.  We didn't see everything, but my feet hurt so much that it felt like we did.  The first evening we went up to the Monjuic castle and we're there at the perfect time to witness the sunset overlooking the city.  It was amazingly beautiful, and could only be surpassed by the next evening when we saw the sunset from the tall towers of the Sagrada Familia (which was absolutely incredible itself, having most the construction cleared away for the pope's visit the week before, and the sun at the perfect hight to shine through the stunning windows in the nave).  Although I was ready to get back to Malaga, the weekend was so incredible and memorable (some of my favorite moments in Spain thus far), it was sad to see it end.

Which leads me to this last weekend in Valencia, which was so amazing, it deserves a post of its own.

The Nave of the Sagrada Familia

Sunset from the Towers

No comments:

Post a Comment