Saturday, February 26, 2011

Embarking on Semana Blanca

Malaga is fortunate in that we get this extra week off in Spring called Semana Blanca.  Nobody I've spoken with really knows/understands why we get this week off from work (maybe something to do with the Malaga fair being during summer when people are already off work).  But let's be real: We're in Andalucia and nobody really needs any legitimate reason to take an extra break from responsibility.

So, for this next week I'll be spending time as a volunteer in a sustainability project in Sorbas, Almeria - a few hours east of Malaga.

I can't say I'm not excited.  And I can't say I'm not anxious.  But I can say it will be a great adventure and I'll be sharing my experience once I get back, knowing it will probably be one for my personal record books (Dr. Bronner's magic soap and a backpack full of reading materials in tow).

If anybody would like to check out the project I'll be working on, check out Sunseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment