Saturday, September 5, 2009

Farewell my friends!

Last night I had a send-off party at a friend's house. It was wonderful. My friend Lindsay, whose house it was at, was absolutely amazing, and pulled out all the stops. We came up with a menu partly inspired by Spanish cuisine: homemade sangria, prosciutto on melon, olive tampanade on rye bread, poached pears with blue cheese and almonds. All amazingly tasty, and I couldn't get enough. The rest was fabulous too: BBQ pulled chicken, potato salad (best ever!), brownies, fresh salsa (props to Ed), and s'mores (best I've ever had).

Of course though, the best part had to be the company. Not all my favorite people could make it, but those who did made it very memorable and enjoyable. Thank you so much to all of you that did make it. And for those who didn't, you missed an amazing meal, but you will be missed even more!

Most of all, it just made me feel immensely grateful for the people I've met the last 15 months I have lived back in Tempe. After college, I never really thought I could meet such a wonderful group of people who's friendship I would treasure so much. I only feel badly that in many ways I've come to this realization too late and there's not more time to reinforce these amazing friendships (many of which too I didn't have much opportunity to cultivate outside of work/gym, which I regret).

To all of you: I will miss you very much. Please keep me updated on your lives, loves, and families. And if you ever find yourself in Spain (or would like to find yourself in Spain), there is always a place for you to stay. Much love to all of you!

1 comment: